Thursday, July 15, 2010

Loneliness

I couldn’t help but notice you were lonely
Though you tried with every trick to hide the tears
So deep in your face was this lonesome place
That couldn’t be erased by all the years

At first you were too shy to show an interest
A captive of your deeply seated fears
Then finally we spoke in the silence that we broke
Lay the cloak and dagger drama as it nears

Are we capturing the moments as they gather
With an open heart and mind and open ears
Or have I captured you
And we don’t know what to do
As the end of all we have bitterly nears

So take me as I am or go your own way
To each his own a different drummer hears
But if you want to try then don’t let a good thing die
And then I will climb atop the highest piers

Jeff Hall
7/15/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment